Is God calling you to the Marian Missionary Sisters of the Poor’s way of life? Prayer is one of the best ways to listen for God’s call. As you sit in silence…in God’s presence…is your heart stirred? Do you feel the Holy Spirit tugging at your insides?” Are thoughts of serving God’s people as a religious person present?
God reveals his plan for us through the special people that he puts in our lives. What are other people saying to you? If only one person has told you that you may make a good religious sister—that is significant. If many people have told you the same thing, is God speaking to you through them? Is He trying to make His will known to you in this way?
Are you 18 years and above and a practicing Catholic? Have you got 5 ‘O’ Level credits, including English and Maths, or OND, or NCE, or HND, or are you a qualified Nurse, Lab technologist, teacher or a degree holder?
Characteristics of a Good Candidate for Religious Life
- Are you an active member of the Catholic Church with an appreciation of the past and a sense of hope for the future, while being engaged in the Church as it is here and now?
- Have you developed a sound faith and spiritual life and are you willing to keep growing?
- Do you have a positive life direction and a sense of purpose?
- Do you have a sense of perspective and a good sense of humor?
- Do you have the intellectual ability to complete the required education?
- Are you physically and psychologically healthy to meet the demands of the vows of chastity, poverty and obedience?
- Are you a person of integrity and generosity, with a sense of responsibility and an awareness of God in your life?
- Can you make a positive choice for celibacy?
- Are you responsive to the needs of others? Do you have a desire and ability to serve generously in a variety of settings?
- Do you have leadership ability so that you can invite and empower others to use their gifts?
- Do you value men and women of all ages and ethnic backgrounds?
- Can you enter into healthy relationships with others and have a good sense of self when relating to others?
If you answered “yes” to most of these questions, perhaps God is calling you to a religious vocation with the Marian Missionary Sisters of the Poor.
Our charism is to be compassionate and loving as we render selfless service to God’s children. Our members are required to respond to new needs and unmet concerns in our changing world in line with the Gospel message. Members are to seek perfection through their consecrated life. They should strive to understand the signs of the time in the light of the teachings of the Catholic Church and learn to be prudently and positively responsive to new and emerging human needs. Our apostolate is focused on supporting vulnerable and socially excluded children, young people and families. We are helping hands to the poor and needy.
If you would like to join us, kindly:
- Write a letter of application expressing your desire and purpose
- Complete a Curriculum Vitae (CV) that must include your: (Date of birth, town of origin, Parish, contact address, your mobile telephone number, Name and mobile number of your emergency contact, Email address, dates and name of primary and secondary schools attended and Qualifications)
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit by hand at:
Short listed applicants will be informed of interview dates and venue.